Sunday 1 July 2007

Uneventful and busy

While it has been a very quiet week it seems to have been very busy. I haven't had a minute to myself during the day between the two boys - mostly wanting food! Eoin is getting too used to falling asleep in our arms and I am dreading getting him out of it but the way he is with his colic sometimes the only way to get him to stop crying is to hold him till he calms down and falls asleep. The problem with that is during the day he wants the same thing and is already having difficulty settling on his own. I know I need to work on this now but it is easier said than done! At the same time I feel poor Conor is losing out because I spend so much time telling him "in a minute" or "once I finish feeding/changing/calming Eoin". Before Eoin was born Conor had our undivided attention and never had to wait for us to do something but now he is having to compromise but I have to say he is doing well. We do get a good bit of moaning and I spend a lot of time explaining that he has to wait etc etc but all in all I think he is doing good as a big brother.

After the wedding last week one of Lee's colleagues that I wouldn't have known very well was commenting on how happy and full of life I was. I thought it was a lovely compliment to get, and yes, I know it was my first real night out in about a year and I definitely let my hair down but I have to say I am really feeling full of life and I am probably the happiest I have been. I was thinking about this yesterday when I passed someone and the usual how are you greetings were exchanged, I replied "Great!" which I really am!! Don't get me wrong I am not some nut job gushing about how wonderful life is but I am just really enjoying things at the moment. Yes I am sleep deprived and can be cranky as a result but overall things are good! I am so different now than how I was after Conor was born, I was very post-natal but never realised it until now really when I see how things should have been. I was so depressed and everything upset me while now I am so much more chilled and easy going which is great for all of us! All we can do is try enjoy each day we are given and hope we can remember it all when we are old and grey!

No comments: