Saturday 21 July 2007

Party season

Party season is finally coming to a close here. June and July are non stop parties for Conor because a lot of his cousins have their birthdays around the same time. Thankfully we have reached the end of it and he attended the last one today. Don't get me wrong I love parties and I really love the independance he is getting going to them, no longer neading Mammy or Daddy around to look after him. I also have no problem going shopping for presents cos I hate to shop(not!). My problem with all these parties is the crap he eats at them and wants after. All he has had nearly every weekend in 2 months is junk food at parties and thinks he can get it when he is at home too. Well he is in for some serious detoxing from here on in!!!!!!! He doesn't really get a lot of sweet things in our house and as a result every time he does it is a big treat, like yesterday I got some Cadbury Moments(formerly tasters - milk chocolate balls) and brought him in one, first he looks at it, grins and says "what is it mammy?", so I told him it was chocolate and the grin got bigger.
A few minutes later he comes out to the kitchen and says "Mammy I am hungry".
"What would you like?" I replied.
"Something small"
"Like what?"
"Like a chocolatey ball" he says with an enormous grin.
Knowing this was coming I had 2 ready to give him, hand them to him and he literally dances out of the kitchen chocolate balls in hand!

No comments: