Wednesday 23 May 2007

The patio

Well yesterday morning I got up and decided it would be nice to have a patio down before the christening because we are hoping to be able to keep most people outside. Now when I say I decided I mean I went ordered the slabs and sand and have enlisted the help of Martha who is home for a week - boy is she gonna be sorry! Lee gets to buy a wheelbarrow on his way home to move the sand and help me get the slabs into the back garden and we are going to take it from there (hopefully). Sometimes when I get an idea I really run with it!!!

Here is the before picture of where the patio is going...


I will post progress photos as we go.

Bear in mind at this point that neither of us have any experience in this kind of thing so it could all go pear shaped but we are quietly confident (possibly dillusional) that we can make a fair stab at it. We also reckon we have a better chance of getting it right than we would leaving it up to the men in the family. Who knows we could end up going into landscaping at the end of it - highly unlikely judging by how tired I was last night after helping Mam plant 2 trees in our garden. Speaking of, it took 3 hours to dig 3 holes in the garden the soil was so hard - and full of builder crap like cement blocks!, so we are going to have some fun with this patio!

No comments: