Monday 18 June 2007

Better now

Thankfully Conor is back to normal and we have had no more vomiting incidents since Friday(touch wood). Now I just have to watch Eoin like a hawk and pray he doesn't get anything cos I think I will crack up if I can't go to the wedding we are supposed to on Friday. I am so looking forward to it! Also, on wedding things, I actually have shoes that go with the dress I bought (and of course a bag to match) so that is one less expense! Got my sister round yesterday for a second opinion cos I thought it worked but needed to be sure so she agreed which is great. The dress is kind of tropical colours - blue/green print thing(hard to describe), so finding shoes at this late stage could have proved difficult. All I have to worry about now are my pasty white legs!!!! I had better find something to colour them a bit or I could effect the exposure for the photographer I would reflect so much. I think my legs are the one thing I would change about myself if I could. My saggy belly is because of my boys so I don't mind it as much and it is something that can be worked on but my legs are horrible!!

Went with aftershave for Lee for fathers day, partly cos it smelled nice and partly cos Conor thought the bottle was cool! (Hugo boss new one comes in the shape of a ball) Whatever the reason Lee was happy with it anyway. This brought me on to thinking just how different it is shopping for men and women. I saw loads of things I would be more than happy to receive as gifts but all very feminine things while I was having serious difficulty trying to find male oriented presents. For example, photo frames, I love photo frames as I think a lot of women do but it is just not a guy thing! Women are more sentimental about pictures etc so want to be able to display these things. Then toiletries, have you seen the terrible selections that they have for men while women's sets will have candles or incense or a body brush - don't think most men would be into these either. So all you are really left with is aftershave books and Cd's or DVDs. Is it just me or I am too blind sighted, unless you want to spend a lot of money your choices are extremely limited!

No comments: