Sunday 5 August 2007

August bank holiday weekend!

I just love summer in Ireland!! Where else can you have 4 seasons in one day. The plants are all confused at the moment and don't know whether to shed their leaves or sprout new buds!!! It is the August bank holiday weekend which you can usually rely on to be quite nice and it tends to be the one weekend of the summer I always get burnt because Spraoi is on and I spend so much time standing around in town watching the acts that I forget about suncream and get burnt! You would think that I would learn from my mistakes but no, I am not that clever!!! This year however will probably go down as the wettest August bank holiday weekend on record. It has been raining non-stop since about 4pm yesterday and it does not look like it is going to stop any time soon!

So our plans to head in to town and watch some of the performances is going to be scrapped for something a little less damp!

No comments: